Thursday, August 2, 2012

Office Snacks

Was at work until 9:30pm last night and was sooo hungry. Cannot begin to explain how hungry I was and how much I wanted to run next door to BGR and get a big burger. I stayed strong and snacked on string cheese, I've learned while working in an office that having healthy snacks always in the office  fridge is a must!

Someone at WW meeting Tuesday had mentioned he didn't cook and didn't have time to pack healthy snacks...so here are some of my favs. Please feel free to share yours!

Chicken Breast Tenderloins - They are a little more expensive but so much less work. Grab a big pack from Sams/Costco/BJs and divvy them up into quart size freezer bags. 5 -6 per bag gives you a solid week of healthy protein. Pull it out of freezer on Friday and bake it in toaster oven Sunday afternoon with assorted Mrs. Dash flavorings to have some variety!

Light String Cheese - About 1 point per stick and its absolutely wonderful with a piece of fruit or some whole grain crackers

Fruit - Always being able to grab a handful of grapes, apple, or orange keeps me from hitting the vending machine.

Veggies and Hummus - Individual pack of Saba Hummus cups (more expensive, but worth it for me. Make your own decision on if dividing it yourself is worth it or if you would bypass that step and end up eating the whole thing) celery, zucchini, radishes, baby carrots - basically whatever looks good when I hit the store. Look for bright colors!


Day 2 on the journey to a healthier me!

1 comment:

  1. Healthy snack idea with low calories: rice cakes with PB. I have a container of PB by my desk, and will put it on a rice cake for an afternoon snack. You get your protein from the PB(can't do too much though)and I like the crunch of the rice cake. It's all less than 100 calories.

    ReplyDelete