Friday, August 17, 2012

Working Out With Friends

Who like to work out alone? They always say working out with a friend is more likely to keep you motivated. So I have decided to workout with 6 of my favorite Friends. 


 



 
In 64 days I will be at a beach wedding wearing a teal SLEEVELESS cocktail dress. I know I will be down some decent poundage by then, but my arms are so big I want to try and help them firm up some. So this week I added some strength training to the mix.

Every night when I get home I turn on an episode of my favorite show (I own all 10 seasons and have most of them memorized as my boyfriend can attest to). During the 20-23 minute episode I lift 5lb weights. One night I do my arms, the next my legs. I've found this is a great relaxer as I can watch something I enjoy and relax mentally while giving my body a firming kick in the rear. I do simple exercises but will be looking for workout routines designed to be done at home while watching TV (I know Self Magazine did an all over toning routine a while back).

Arm Night: 
Bicep Curls
Overhead Tricep Press
Shoulder Press
Back Press/Flys
Side Lateral Raise

Leg Night
Squats with Kick Backs (Great for your butt)
Heel Raises
Hula Hooping (both directions, rotate your waist without a hula hoop and you still get the Ab workout without getting on the floor for a crunch)

Any suggestions on other minimal equipment firmers to do during a stint of TV would be much appreciated.


Starting picture of my in the dress will be posted below once I get home from work.




No comments:

Post a Comment