Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sick Days

So I didn't make it to my weigh in this week. I came back from Florida with an infection and had to stay home on antibiotics for a few days. Today is my first day back at work, and the good news is everyone seems to be telling me I've lost weight.

I know I lose it first in my stomach so it makes a  huge difference visually - I'm really hopeful for the October wedding. Only 4 weeks until San Antonio Wedding and 7 weeks until the Destin wedding!

Ways to make it through the sickness:
  • Lots and lots of water/tea - especially anything hot with lemon and a touch of honey does wonders for a sore throat and keeps you hydrated
  • Don't strain to do activity - I went ahead and rested for two days (slept for most of it) anything that causes extreme fatigue can hinder your recovery. 
  • REST - Sleep, sleep, sleep. Your body needs it (plus side is you don't eat while you sleep)
  • Eat right - while you may not feel like your usual hearty fare, get some protein and complex carbs in (right along with your feel good foods like chocolate pudding). I mixed up some peanut butter oatmeal and made my own chocolate pudding with cocoa powder, honey, and greek yogurt.

Don't allow a bout of strep, a cold, flu, or sinus infection ruin your efforts. Being sick is the best time to stop and take care of you!




No comments:

Post a Comment